Communities of Kinship: A Case Study
All levels, but probably best suited for Intermediate or Advanced
Outline of presentation:
- Here are five areas in which you can produce more sophisticated research results by viewing your ancestors through the lens of kinship theory. In the 18th ¬– and 19th –century, kinship was the most important factor in these areas, among others.
- Settlement and Migration
- Political and Economic Power
- Naming Patterns
- This lecture demonstrates the power of using kinship theory in a case study of one extended family
- By presenting a case study, participants can understand the usage of these principles more clearly
- Using kinship theory as the main principle to guide your genealogical research will result in greater success.